GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at that reflection! I love this stuff!
First place I went, after putting the Zaino on, I got three complements on the paint.
I am now sold on this stuff.
53239552.gif

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
which steps did you put on? I love zaino, just takes to much time for me. HOw long did you spend doing that?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had three sets of hands working on it. I washed the truck with Dawn liquid dish washing detergent and used Mother's clay bar on the whole truck. That alone made a big difference. Then we used Z2 and ZFX, only one coat and finished it up with Z6. I think it only took us 2 1/2 hours. I will be putting on more coats of Z2 later this week when I get time. The paint is so smooth!

Zaino

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i used to use Z1, Z2, Z5, and Z6. I also washed it using the Z7 stuff... that stuff smells like freaking candy, i loved to wash my truck when i had that stuff.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That ZFX saves so much time. It does smell really good! The Mother's clay bar spray smells like cinnamon.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I don't see any orange peel in your paint 1TRUESS!! I wish mine was like that.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
very good looking.nice and shiny. now if it would stop raining on fridays, i could see it sometime!!lol

Dan

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
03Carbondogg said:
I don't see any orange peel in your paint 1TRUESS!! I wish mine was like that.
Oh, it's there. That is just a good angle!
Here is some orange peel for you.
53264865.gif

fullthrottledan said:
very good looking.nice and shiny. now if it would stop raining on fridays, i could see it sometime!!lol
Ya, tell me about it! I plan on going this Friday. We canceled the rain date for Monday, because a lot of us can't get the day off. I drove four hours Friday just to eat Denny's and burn up gas! It was looking good till we all got our cars/trucks ready and when it pored. Sucked!

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Where could a guy like me get this zaino? expensive? Spanks a lot. Jake :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
ever look at a mirror sideways? :crazy:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
isn't dish wash detergent one of the worst things you can use on your paint long-term? just somethin i heard about the grease cutting elements in it that eat at clearcoat and stuff. :crazy:
Oh yeah one of the worst things you can use. It will take all the wax off.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Oh yeah one of the worst things you can use. It will take all the wax off.
Seems to me though, if he was putting the Zaino on, which is some expensive shit .. you'd want to strip it all off, why put the expensive shit over some Turtle Wax :crazy:

But I wouldnt recommend the Dawn as a weekly thing.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
bcubed said:
Seems to me though, if he was putting the Zaino on, which is some expensive shit .. you'd want to strip it all off, why put the expensive shit over some Turtle Wax :crazy:
thats why zaino tells you to use it, your only supposed to use it initially, they want to you to strip off all the old crap that was on...

the more you use zaino, the shinier your paint gets... its great stuff...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts