GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I remeber a few of you detailers saying that Zep is the shit. I went to buy some and found out there are like 4 different kinds. I got the only red bottle. It is the high traffic capet cleaner with the odor remover. DId I get the right stuff?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I jsut read it and it say not to use a steamer or anything, so that kinda sucks. I was itchin to use my steamer the wife got me. It's got the enzyme in it to kill odors too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red will work in steamer, just foams like crazy. You want the premium carpet and upholstery shampoo.
I have a little hand held steamer that you don't put the cleaner in. I figured I would put the stuff down and scrub it, then steam it. I will have to get the info on the steamer I have. My wife bought it last year and I never had used it cause I figured it was some littel cheap piece of crap, but she told me yesterday that she paid like 160 bucks for it, so I'm gonna give it a try.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Yeah you'd want to spray it on the carpet with whatever cleaner you got. Putting it in the machine is a waste. The high traffic one will foam a lot in the recovery tank. If your not working on a bad stain just spray it on and let dwell. And try to blot/wipe with a towel. I do that on a lot of interiors that just have spots here and there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah you'd want to spray it on the carpet with whatever cleaner you got. Putting it in the machine is a waste. The high traffic one will foam a lot in the recovery tank. If your not working on a bad stain just spray it on and let dwell. And try to blot/wipe with a towel. I do that on a lot of interiors that just have spots here and there.

It's got absolutely no spots at all on the interior. It's just that the previous owner smoked and I'm tryin to get the smell out. That's why I bought the odor killing one. Interior looks brand new, just got that smell. What do you recommend.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
An ozone machine is the only way to permanently get rid of the smell, its a smoke that still has covered the interior like cigarette smoke. When I get a bad car I just use the one from the local fire department. They are pricey machines. Check around your area, someone may let you use or rent theirs, start with the better detail shops. Masking them with products like Febreeze is a waste of of time and money as its going to only be a temp. "nice" smell. The odor like cigarette odor could be on every part of the interior, wires, ac ducts, headliner, plastics, everything. You need to wash everything you can get a towel on plus extract every cloth piece.

One day Im going to order some of these and try them out.

http://www.topoftheline.com/odbomairvens.html
From this thread...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154081&highlight=smoke

Your on the right track by extracting everything. If possible replace the headliner, that's where a ton of smoke crap is inbedded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts