GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to be putting on a Zone 6.5" lift on 2008 Z71 in the coming months. Just need to get some feedback on what to do. I'm getting the AAL option just wondering if I need the leveling kit on the front to have the truck level. Also putting 35's on the truck got 3.73 gears should I 4.10 or 4.56 gears in it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I’m going to be putting on a Zone 6.5" lift on 2008 Z71 in the coming months. Just need to get some feedback on what to do. I'm getting the AAL option just wondering if I need the leveling kit on the front to have the truck level. Also putting 35's on the truck got 3.73 gears should I 4.10 or 4.56 gears in it.
truck should sit level as is, and i have 35's with 4.88's and love every last bit of it . the 4.10's would be a waste of your time and money so at minimum do the 4.56's

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see I kinda on the fence on running 4.88 gears having to high of RPMS. What MPG do you get out off 4.88 gears

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
IIRC the zone comes with a 5" block, so if you put an AAL in as well it will definitely be raked. A 2" leveling kit should make it sit level

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally Posted by Zero
IIRC the zone comes with a 5" block, so if you put an AAL in as well it will definitely be raked. A 2" leveling kit should make it sit level
Ok good to hear that’s what I thought just don't have any experience with lifts. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Javage
I put the AAL and replaced the 5" block that came with the kit to a tapered 3.5"(I think) block and it sits level IMO, it also adjusted the drive-shaft a bit
So if just keep the 5" block and add the leveling kit it should sit level?

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
So if just keep the 5" block and add the leveling kit it should sit level?
Kit + 5" block = level

Kit + Leveling kit + 5" block + AAL = level

·
Registered
74 Posts
just watch out when putting a leveling kit on it because if zone is like the bds kit it only drops the crossmembers 4.5" to 5" inches. I'd leave it at 6.5" if you want decent angles, and if your not satisfied, throw a .5" TGC spacer under it.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
14 mpg's w/ 4.88 no matter what kind of driving (city/highway). Still get about 350 a tank though :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts