GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I haven't seen too many reviews concerning the zone off road upper control arms. So I took a gamble and ordered them, since I already have their 3.5in combo lift installed. The install was very easy. And a massive improvement over stock, no more clunking while going over bumps. My truck has 100k on it with bad cv boots and bad upper control arm joints, so I figured it was a good time to upgrade.
Only issue I ran into is with my stock winter wheels with 285s at full steering lock the tire does hit the new control arm, even with the supplied steering stops installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
285 on 17s? Stock bs?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Yep. I will be putting my 18s with more bs on shortly, so I'm not too worried about it.

I wonder if me being 2.5 versus your 3.5 matters?

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would assume you would have the same result unless you have wheels with more back spacing. They recommend 4.5in backspacing with 265s

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I would assume you would have the same result unless you have wheels with more back spacing. They recommend 4.5in backspacing with 265s

I've been searching for 17s with that bs. Haven't found much

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the 2.5level I'm sure your ballpoints are at their limits. It's a worthy investment. And these are the cheapest ones that I was able to find.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Thanks for your business ferraiolo1!

Our arms are made right here in the good ole' USA. :favorites37:

·
Registered
614 Posts
EBay has some cheaper. But idk quality wise
I have the ebay ones. I bought them off a guy locally dirt cheap. I wouldn't trust the ball joints, I replaced them with moog before I installed them. those zone arms look beefy, id buy them depending on what ball joints come in them. id say go with the rc ucas since they have moog bjs already.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Raybestos

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have the ebay ones. I bought them off a guy locally dirt cheap. I wouldn't trust the ball joints, I replaced them with moog before I installed them. those zone arms look beefy, id buy them depending on what ball joints come in them. id say go with the rc ucas since they have moog bjs already.
I would replace the bj s if I were to go the eBay route

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.