GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all over the internet and can't really find much information on these. My 05 has this option, and needs new shocks. It is leveled so I am thinking about just ditching them all together and putting in Bilstein 5100's. My question is will this cause any lights on my dash to show up, or any other issues that I haven't thought about? Or will I be able to swap them out and just keep on driving without a problem?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have the same suspension and had no lights after replacing them with Edelbrock shocks.

I also still have my stockers with about 40,000 miles on them if you are interested in going that route.

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Swapped them with no code/message. If for some reason you do get one, you can reprogram the bcm to remove it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome guys thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same suspension and had no lights after replacing them with Edelbrock shocks.

I also still have my stockers with about 40,000 miles on them if you are interested in going that route.
tdrumm -
I just bought my first Quadrasteer Sierra Denali - I am fairly knowledgeable about GM and if I don’t have an answer, I’ll find it.
I am interested in those used rear shocks if you still have them n would sell reasonably.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sorry, that post was from four years ago and I threw those shocks away when I moved ther years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts